Saturday, August 23, 2008

Thoughts in the dead of Night

Sometimes I wake in the night,
I wonder where am I in the scheme of things.
Am I a small wheel in a larger one
or am I just a whisper in the dark,
something that is sometimes out of sight.
But with the coming of dawn, I see my family,
they stretch out right in front of me.
Life twists and turns, paths are followed,
choices are made, children grow and are gone.
I am changing every day but is it in the right way?
My heart is tender that is sure,
feeling get hurt but soon recover.
My husband is there larger than life,
putting up with me as his wife.
Sometimes I wonder how he can,
I know I am hard on him, he loves me still.
His sweet arm, draws me near in its embrace
telling me that I have a place.
Day follows night and we go on together
forever in times good and bad.
New spirits come and enter our fold
life is a circle that will not end.
it's a comfort as I ponder the dawn,
all is well and in it's space.
I can go and find my place, because you are
behind me lighting my way this day.



1 comment:

Angie said...

i like your writing!